Stick To The List
This list is for anyone following my 30 Day Nourish Challenge. You can use the list if you're looking to make meals outside of the recipes here on my site. Remember all vegetables are unlimited and you can eat them anytime within your eating window. If you are choosing vegetables in a can then you want to look for BPA free and EDTA free with little to no added salt or sugar. Frozen vegetables are allowed.
- virgin or unrefined coconut oil
- olive oil
- avocado oil
- organic grass fed butter
- liquid stevia
- maple syrup (limit 1 tsp per meal)
- honey (limit 1 tsp per meal)
- sea salt
- apple cider vinegar
- unsweetened full fat coconut milk
- unsweetened nut milks
- natural nut or seed butters
- low sugar tomato sauce
- low sodium broths (add your own sea salt)
- unlimited vegetables with an emphasis on eating lots of greens at each meal.
- all spices
- hemp seeds
- chia seeds
- flax seeds
- nutritional yeast
- protein powders (with low to no sugar)
- all fruits (limit 2-3 servings daily)
If you must eat some grains try these options below. Aim to eat no more then 2 of these options in one day.
- ezekiel or sprouted grain bread (limit 1-2 slices daily)
- quinoa or brown rice (limit 1/2 cup serving per meal)
- rice cakes (limit 1-2 large per day)
I do have several recipes that include cheese. If you have any issues with inflammation then I would recommend you try eliminating dairy as it can cause inflammation. I often use goat or sheep cheese because it’s easier on digestion to break down and process. Always choose organic dairy which seems to have less additives as well.
If you are a meat eater, stick to organic grass fed/wild meat to limit chances of antibiotics and genetically modified organisms (GMO’s.) A serving size of meat is portioned by the size of your palm. Stick to a maximum of 1-2 servings a day.
What Foods to Avoid?
- boxed foods (read all labels to be sure no items below are included)
- deep fried foods
- cookies and baked goods
- processed sugars
- vegetable oil
- canola oil
- sunflower oil
- fruit juices