Carrot noodles are quick, easy and they're a great alternative to using wheat pasta. This stir-fry is made for someone who loves spice however, it's very easy to remove the hot peppers and keep it at a more neutral taste.
If your looking at reducing your grain intake or looking to increase your vegetable intake, grating and cutting your vegetables into different shapes will help keep them exciting and enjoyable. I find it even changes the taste and texture when you change the way you cut the vegetables.
When your making these noodles, I suggest using the same tool you use to peel the outside of the carrot. Once you've cleaned away all the outside, just continue shaving the carrot with long strokes and you will end up with lots of beautiful carrot noodles.
Carrot Noodle Stir-Fry
*click on blue text to buy ingredients
- Grate your carrot noodles, cut all your other vegetables, set aside and use as needed.
- Mix onion, 1 tablespoon olive oil and garlic in a large frying pan or wok and sauté on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients (except hemp hearts and cashews).
- Continue cooking on medium to low heat and stirring occasionally until noodles are cooked (but not mushy). This should take from 10-15 minutes.
- Taste test and if it's not spicy enough for your taste buds, add more.
- Once it's cooked, stir in hemp hearts and cashews, serve and enjoy!
*Nutritional values are per serving. *Caution of hot peppers, they can be dangerously hot. Add a few little pieces at a time and continue to add until you have your desired heat.