Isn't this a lovely Christmas dish? The themed colors of green and red give a seasonal appeal. The spattering of sesame seeds almost looks like a burst of glitter! I've eaten it both cold and warm and both are equally satisfying.
Sesame Asparagus Salad
*click on blue text to buy ingredients
- 1 bunch asparagus (1LB)
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or organic butter)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (white or black or both mixed)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- Cut asparagus into bite sized pieces and sauté with 2 tablespoons of water. Cook till the asparagus is lightly cooked but not to soft that it gets mushy. Set aside.
- Cut mushroom into bite sized pieces and sauté with avocado oil. Cook until it's lightly browned and add to the cooked asparagus.
- Add the pomegranate on top of the vegetables.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together with a whisk and drizzle on top of the salad. Enjoy!
*Option to add salt and pepper.