I'm really excited about my raw Asian-inspired salad creation! The simplicity of the raw vegetables paired with yummy flavours has become a new favourite for me! I tend to cook my food more during the winter months, however, with the cooking process comes the loss of some of the vitamins and minerals in the food. This is why it's important to optimize your nutrient intake by eating raw vegetables too. Raw veggies are also loaded with enzymes that help us digest our food and keep our body functioning at it's best, so be sure to get your raw veg in you daily!
Raw Asian Carrot Salad
*click on blue text to buy ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups carrot, grated
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup raw cashews (optional)
- Combine all the salad ingredients together in a medium size bowl.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients together and mix well. Drizzle over the salad and mix together.
* Nutritional values per 1 serving. * This salad keeps well in the fridge for left overs up to two days.