The combination of peanut butter and chocolate makes me feel oh-so-happy! I have so many memories of this favourite treat. My mom used to make the best ever peanut butter squares packed with icing sugar and graham crumbs; as a kid, what wasn't to love! My version is revised, lacks the sugar high and allows for a more balanced digestion. These cups are vegan as I use a dairy free dark chocolate chip and I'll often sub the peanut butter for almond or cashew butter. I always try to use an organic nut butter because nuts are typically sprayed with a large amount of insecticide. In my opinion, avoiding conventional nut butter is a healthier option.
Take a closer look at how I make these scrumptious treats in my video below. Happy baking!
Peanut Butter Cups
*click on blue text to buy ingredients
- 1 cup chocolate chips (Camino 71% cacao)
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- Melt chocolate and peanut butter in a small sauce pan on low constantly stirring. When melted divide in half evenly.
- Pour half into the bottoms of lined muffin tins and place in the freezer for a few minutes.
- Mix the remainder ingredients and make into 24 balls (12 if your making the large)
- Once the chocolate in the tins are hard, place the peanut balls on top and flatten them out evenly.
- Pour the remainder of the chocolate on top of the middle peanut butter and place back into the freezer.
- Once chocolate has set, enjoy!!
*I like to keep them in the freezer however, they can also be stored in the fridge. *Nutritional Values are per 1 peanut butter cup