I first tried baked apples when I lived in Spain with a fantastic cook. She was always creating the most flavourful foods that I still dream about! When we cooked up these baked golden apples and sprinkled them with a little cinnamon, it tasted just like apple crisp. I was amazed at how something so simple could taste so good. Here I've added my nutty granola (mostly because it looks really pretty) but it's a great combination of tastes with a little extra protein. With or without the granola, I highly recommend you try.
Baked Apple Delight
*click on blue text to buy ingredients
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Add water to the bottom of the pan.
- Remove the apple cores and place in a glass pan that has a lid.
- Bake the apples for 10-15 minutes or until the apples are soft.
- Once they are baked place them on a plate, break them open and take some of the juices from the pan and drizzle on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and the granola on each apple and serve with a fork and spoon. Pulling the soft apple off the skin and enjoy.
*Nutritional values depend on the size of the apple. If your tracking your numbers, weigh the apple once it's cooked.