These grain-free cauliflower garlic sticks are similar to my pizza crust but with some extra garlic and parlsey for added flavour. I make this paleo finger food two different ways. One is made with butter and the other with avocado oil for my dairy free friends. Both are honestly just as satisfying and you can find each of the variations below.
When making cauliflower garlic sticks or pizza crust, it's important to remember to squeeze out as much water as you can when draining the cooked cauliflower. This will ensure they stay together and they bake up nice and crispy. If you forget or slack on this step they will turn out soggy and too soft.
Cauliflower Garlic Sticks
*click on blue text to buy ingredients
- Chop the washed cauliflower into pieces and steam on the stove top until it's cooked. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven 425°F.
- Combine all other ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- When the cooked cauliflower is cooled, place in a tea towel and squeeze all the water out. Be patient, the water seems endless but it's worth the work and the breadsticks will turn out the best when all the water is removed. This action will also chop up your cauliflower so if you feel chucks you can squeeze them to break them down.
- Add the waterless cooked cauliflower to the other ingredients and mix well.
- Place the mixture on a parchment paper lined baking pan and flatten out to a rectangular shape approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are crispy. The time may very depending on how thick you make your sticks.
*Nutritional values vary depending on the amount of cauliflower used. *Dip sticks with tomato sauce, or any of your favourite dips. *I have made this recipe vegan by replacing the eggs with chia eggs and it also worked well.