I love this frosting on my sweet potato brownies and it's a great topping for cakes and cupcakes. Due to the coconut oil, it will harden when below 24°C and it will get softer when above 24°C. You can keep it in the fridge if you don't use the whole batch and then whip it up again when ready to (re)use! If you find the cacao too strong, you can add more maple syrup to sweeten it.
Vegan Chocolate Frosting
*click on blue text to buy ingredients
- Melt the coconut oil in a small sauce pan on medium to low heat.
- Add the maple syrup and cacao and whisk well together.
- Add all ingredients together in a bowl and put it in the freezer until the mixture is almost completely hard. (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from the freezer and whip with a hand mixer until the frosting is soft.
- Spread over your favourite treats.
*If you don't use all the recipe calls for, you can save it in the fridge and whip it again for the next treats you'd like to frost. *Nutritional values are based for 1 tablespoon.