Halloween just passed and I was so proud when I didn’t eat any of the mini chocolate bars and sweets. I made the choice weeks in advance that I couldn’t eat even one because if I eat one, I’ll eat 5 bags (I’m not exaggerating). So, to help satisfy my craving, I created a healthier version. These sweet treats have lots of healthy fats, chocolate and sweetened only with natural sweeteners. I’ve also made you all a video demonstrating how easy they are to create. I hope you take a look and give these sweet treats a try. Be sure to let me know if you do and if you like them.
Healthy Chocolate Bars (Vegan)
*click on blue text to buy ingredients
- 1 cup 71% chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Combine the nougat ingredients together in a medium size bowl. Due to the natural oils in many nut butters the consistency can vary. You want the nougat to move but stay formed when stirred. Add more coconut flour if needed.
- Place this on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread out roughly 1/4-1/2 inch thick and 30 cm long. (see more in my YouTube video).
- Place this in the freezer while you work on the caramel filling.
- Add all the caramel filling ingredients in a blender and whip well till it's blending smooth.
- Then spread this mixture evenly over the nougat and place back in the freezer to set over night.
- Cut them into 20 pieces when they are set and ready to be dipped into the chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate and oil in a sauce pan on low.
- Dip each piece into the chocolate and surround it with the chocolate. Leave it to set on the pan and place it back into the freezer to set.
- If you'd like to enjoy them the same day, you can just drizzle the chocolate on top of the entire batch before you cut them. They will be a bit gooey inside but they're also still very yummy!
- I store mine in the freezer although you could also keep them in the fridge. With the natural oils, its best to keep cool so they stay together.