Although I more often than not go for sweet treats, I’ve been transitioning more into a salty lover lately and these kale chips are keeping me satisfied. I was noticing I was reaching for potato chips each time I went to the grocery store so I figured it was time to make a healthier version. Either way, healthy or not, when I’m snacking I have troubles eating just a few. I tend to eat in abundance which is another reason why choosing a healthier option is important. Kale chips can also be expensive (especially when your going to be eating a lot of them) so I’ve been coming up with some yummy creations at home. This recipe is my go-to so I thought I’d share it.
Enjoy the salty crunch!
*click on blue text to buy ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Remove kale from the stems with a knife of by tearing them off.
- Wash and pat dry.
- In a large bowl add the kale and massage the oil on each piece. Then add all the remaining ingredients and stir to coat each piece. Don't be afraid to get your hands in there!
- Place the kale pieces on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until each piece is crunchy. (no need to coat the pan)
- Flip the chips once or twice throughout the cooking time.
- If you've removed them too early and they feel chewy, you can add them back to the oven even if they've cooled down.
- Enjoy the salty crunch!