“But I love pasta!” This is a common reply that I get when I share with people my thoughts on traditional pasta. For my very sensitive tummy, wheat pasta and most gluten products make me bloat and look 6 months pregnant! No joke - it’s amazing how much my stomach expands after eating certain foods! NuPasta has become a staple in my pantry. It is a gluten and grain free pasta made with konjac, a root vegetable that is rich in dietary fibre, low in calories and easy to digest. This pasta also comes pre-cooked. All you need to do is rinse the pasta, then heat it with your favourite sauce and veggies, and you have a delicious healthy meal. This pasta is so good, it's even kid approved. I’ve created a yummy vegan recipes below for all to enjoy.
From August - November 2019 you can use my 10% discount, using MUVE10 when you purchase NuPasta products from www.nupasta.com. My favourite pasta option is the fettuccine although all three are really fantastic.
NuPasta Traditional Spaghetti
*click on blue text to buy ingredients
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli pieces
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 2 cups low sugar tomato sauce (I used Neil Brothers)
- 2 packages of NuPasta spaghetti noodles
- In a pan over the stove, cook the broccoli and water on medium heat till it's cooked to liking. I like to use water rather than oil but you could use olive oil for some extra flavour. Add more water if needed.
- Rinse the NuPasta noodles well. They do have a light smell to them and this will rinse off.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the pan, including the noodles and heat for another 3-5 minutes then serve and enjoy!
Michelle Wolfe xo