These doughnuts are delicious, healthy AND kid approved. I recently took them to a family gathering and had lots of little, sticky fingers coming back for seconds, thirds and (had I allowed) more! This recipe is created with minimal ingredients, it’s grain-free, dairy-free and packed with chocolatey goodness!
My niece and I enjoyed them for breakfast without any guilt because they’re packed with healthy fats to nourish us and keep us full all morning. I’ve been working on a few different recipes but I especially love the chocolate one because, well, chocolate is heavenly!
If you don’t have a doughnut base, I highly recommend getting one. I’m sure this recipe could be made into muffins but there’s something special about eating goodies in the shape of a doughnut. Click here to find the doughnut tray that I use.
Grain-Free Chocolate Doughnuts
*click on blue text to buy ingredients
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (dairy free)
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease the doughnut tray with a thin layer of coconut oil.
- Combine all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl and stir well.
- With a fork whip all the wet ingredients together till mixed.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and fold together till everything is wet and combined. Don't over mix.
- Place the mixture into the tray evenly and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven once they are cooked and remove them from the tray to cool.
- Once they are cool, melt the toppings together and dip the doughnut tops into the chocolatey mixture.
- Again allow them to cool and enjoy!
These doughnuts can be kept at room temperature. They also freeze well.