I planned to create this plate of nachos for super bowl but I was just too excited to test the recipe so we made it a day in advance. It was soo good I’m going to make them again today!
It’s not your traditional nachos recipe, in fact it has no cheese or cheese like product however it’s a big pan of healthy flavourful foods and i’m telling you… it’s delicious!
I used sweet potato as the base and topped it with lots of interesting flavours. I dipped it into my newest creation “ranch” dressing which gave it an extra burst of flavour. I’m not sharing the dressing recipe just yet however you can use salsa, hummus or any other dip of your choice. Give it a try and let me know what creations you come up with.
Sweet Potato "Nachos" (Vegan)
*click on blue text to buy ingredients
- 2-3 sweet potatoes sliced thin (I prefer small thin potatoes for smaller chips)
- 1/2 cup sliced mini tomatoes
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 jalapeño sliced
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1 small avocado diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the sliced sweet potatoes onto two baking sheets. You want enough to roughly cover two sheets so cut more if needed.
- Bake the sweet potato chips for 15 minutes then flip. Continue baking for another 15-25 minutes or till they are crispy on the outside and baked all the way through.
- Remove from the oven and stack all the chips onto each other onto one pan.
- Add all the toppings evenly over the top.
- You can eat while the toppings are raw or you can put it back into the oven for 10-15 minutes to soften the veggies.
- Enjoy with your favourite dips.