I was having dinner with my good friend Taylor recently and she was enjoying some bruschetta. Although I love the taste of bread, I stay away from it as it makes me feel crampy and bloated, which is why I eat sweet potato toast instead. I’ve tried many variations of sweet potato toast, such as sweet and savoury, but I had never thought of bruschetta until that night. I started experimenting and once I mastered the recipe I had the real critic Taylor give it a try. I’m happy to share that she was impressed! I shared a photo on my Instagram and many of you messaged me for the recipe so I decided to share. I hope you all enjoy as much as Taylor and I do!
Sweet Potato Bruschetta
*click on blue text to buy ingredients
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 green onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 basil leaves
- pinch of salt and pepper
- balsamic vinegar
- 1 sweet potato
- Make the sweet potato toast, either in the oven or in the toaster. Follow my previous blog for instructions. Click here to see the instructions for the Sweet Potato Toast
- In a medium sized bowl, add diced tomato, onion, minced garlic, oil, chopped basil, salt and pepper.
- Mix this well and you can set it aside for a few hours or you can use it as soon as the sweet potato toast is ready.
- Optional to add some spinach or arugula on top of the sweet potato toast then add the tomato bruschetta mixture.
- Optional to drizzle balsamic vinegar on top of everything.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you're serving more then 2-3 people, double the recipe.