I love homemade leftovers! I especially love that leftovers take only minutes to whip up and generally have more flavour (the spices have time to really soak into the food.) I recently posted a yummy dish from some leftover bean tacos, and I had many people asking about the recipe so I decided to share. It is one of the easiest recipes I make and a top favourite. On round one, I ate the taco mixture with lettuce wraps while my boyfriend ate it with sprouted whole wheat wraps with mustard. On round two (the night of left overs), I heated the taco beans and peppers in a pan with handfuls of spinach. Both nights were delicious but if I had to pick, it would be leftovers for sure!
For the taco powder, I generally use my own spice mixture, however, when I'm all out I use an organic mixture from simply organics. I find that this brand uses more quality ingredients than the typical taco powder, and more nutrients is always my goal! Here's the recipe and I hope you all enjoy!
*click on blue text to buy ingredients
- Thinly slice the peppers and onion long.
- Sauté them in a pan on medium with a bit of water till slightly soft, (just a couple of minutes) add a bit more water when needed so it doesn't burn to the pan but don't add to much water to make it soggy.
- Add the beans spinach and taco seasoning and continue to sauté till warm.
- Eat as is, or as a taco with a lettuce wrap or wrap of your choice.
- ENJOY and of course, keep some left overs for the following day, the flavours are always better.
Nutritional values based per serving.