Have you heard about this bizarre but brilliant trend of using sweet potato slices as toast? I have to admit, it’s pretty great! While I assumed it would only taste good with savoury toppings, you’ll be happy to know it’s also delicious with sweet.
I’ve included the recipe below along with a video to show a variety of ways to enjoy this newly favourite grain-free toast. Whether you want to be quick and use the toaster or you would prefer to toast it in the oven, I give you both options. Hope you enjoy!
Sweet Potato Toast (Baked or Toasted)
*click on blue text to buy ingredients
- 1 sweet potato
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Slice your cleaned potato in thin slices either round or long.
- Place on a baking pan and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. *Option to turn once half way through cooking.
- If your potato is cut thick than you may need to cook it longer then the 30 minutes.
- Once the potato is soft and cooked all the way through, broil each side for 1 min each, watching it does't burn.
- Spread on your almond butter, top it with sliced strawberries and hemp hearts and enjoy!
- Cut the ends off your washed potato and be sure it will fit into your toaster once it's sliced.
- Slice the potato long thin slices.
- Turn your toaster up high and toast the slices. You may need to do this 2-3 times or until it is soft and fully cooked.
- You should notice it's lightly browning on the outside.
- Once it's ready, spread on the hummus and sprinkle the parsley on top. Enjoy!
I've shared two of my sweet potato options here but you can see a couple more of my favourite recipe ideas in the YouTube video down below.