I get the impression that Brussels sprouts are underrated. They seem to get a bad rap because of the bitterness that sometimes dominates dishes with Brussels sprouts. This is why I like creating a variety of dishes that use spices and herbs to compliment their taste.
I suggest anyone who feels questionable about Brussels sprouts to start with this roasted honey garlic Brussels sprout recipe. When the sprouts are baked to perfection, your bite will release warm honey from the soft sprout centre, and it's pretty decadent! This mini cabbage is packed with vitamin C, fibre, B vitamins and other goodness!
Roasted Honey Garlic Brussels sprouts
*click on blue text to buy ingredients
- 1.5 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 2 1/2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Remove the Brussel sprouts stem, cut the sprout in half and wash them clean.
- Place them in an 8x8 pan.
- Melt the honey and water, then add remaining ingredients and mix.
- Drizzle honey mixture over the Brussels sprouts and stir them so they are all coated with the honey.
- Cover and bake in the oven for 30 minutes total. Stir them after 20 minutes and remove the lid after 25.
- They should be soft and cooked all the way through. If not keep them in a bit longer.
*Cooking them covered helps keep them very moist. *Nutritional values are per serving.