These amazing date balls are one of the easiest raw snacks to make yet they look like you've put a lot of effort into making. They're naturally sweet and so simple. The recipe is nut free and there are several different options to add to the recipe. I have kept it simple with including some healthy fats and a couple options to change up the flavours.
These balls travel well which are great for a snack on the run or to include in the kid's lunches. The balls are filled with a lot of natural sugars, so you will want to be cautious of how many your eating so your not getting to much of a sugar kick. I enjoy taking mine with me on hikes and physical adventures where I can easily burn off the sugars and also enjoy the satisfying taste. This is also a fun recipe to let your little ones help make because they can get their hands right in there and it doesn't take long.
Energy Date Balls (Nut-Free)
*click on blue text to buy ingredients
- Soak the dates in water for 10 minutes. (Not much longer or they will soak up to much water).
- Drain the water and chop the dates into little pieces. Then using your hands squish the dates together.
- Add hemp seeds and continue to mix together.
- Roll into 12 balls.
- Roll the balls in the coconut till the outside is covered.
- The balls will set well over night but they can be eaten as soon as they are made. Enjoy!
* Nutritional value per 1 ball * Try rolling the balls in cacao, matcha or your favourite protein powder to change up the recipe. * Option to add any dried fruit or nuts and seeds * I often make a double batch if I have others who will be enjoying them with me