Sprinkle these tasty chickpeas over a bed of greens or enjoy as a snack for a great burst of protein and some healthy carbs. I've roasted the chickpeas with a sweet and salty combination although you can omit the sweet if your staying away from sugars. You could also add my BBQ seasoning if you have that prepared and ready in the cupboard.
After rinsing the chickpeas, remember to dry them well so the oil and spices will stick properly. Eat them cold or hot!
Sweet & Salty Roasted Chickpeas
*click on blue text to buy ingredients
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rinse chickpeas well and dry on a towel.
- In a large bowl stir the oil over the chickpeas.
- Add all the remaining ingredients together in a small bowl. Mix, then toss over the chickpeas.
- Lay evenly on a parchment lined pan and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Stir half way through cooking.
- Remove and eat while hot or cold.
*Make sure you dry the chickpeas well before adding the oil and spices *If your staying away from sweets, skip the coconut sugar