These sweet potato hash browns are my favourite way to enjoy sweet potatoes and I thought i’d share this recipe with you all just in time for the holidays. They make a great side to a holiday brunch and you can add these healthy carbs to the top of salads. This recipe is my spicy version however, I’ll also often make it with cinnamon for more of a dessert option. Either way it’s one of my favourite dishes that I like to make for my weekly meal prep. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
I’ve recently been using this handy dandy cast iron handle gripper that I had to tell you all about. It’s such a hand saver because I find my oven mitts are not as safe as they need to be to grab the cast iron handle. As a massage therapist, I can’t get burns, even a little one or I’m out of work for a few days. This handle has given me a piece of mind that I’m safe. If you also need to protect your precious hands from the intense heat of a cast iron pan, you can find this hand tool here.
Sweet Potato Hash Browns
*click on blue text to buy ingredients
- Preheat oven to 385°F
- Clean the potatoes and grate with a cheese grater or in a food processor.
- Transfer grated potato to a medium sized bowl and add remaining ingredients. Stir well.
- Place the mixture into a cast iron pan and place in the oven to cook. Check often and stir every 5-10 minutes.
- If you don't have a cast iron pan you can use any other oven safe dish. Be cautious to stir the hash browns often to be sure they don't burn.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or till desired crispness.