Ginger cookies always remind me of the holidays so to get into the spirit I had to create a new recipe. This recipe has a great balance of spice with a nice chewy texture. I’ve made it grain-free and vegan. I’ve used real ginger rather then dried and I find it gives it that special ginger punch sure to satisfy. Please let me know if you give them a try!
Almond Ginger Cookies (vegan)
*click on blue text to buy ingredients
- Heat oven to 350°.
- If your dates are hard, soak them in water for 10 minutes, if they are soft, leave as is.
- Blend all your dry ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
- Blend all your liquids in a blender and blend well.
- Combine all the ingredients together in the bowl and mix. Make the dough into 15 round balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and flatten the balls slightly. Option to roll them and cut into designs.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow them to set for a few minutes then enjoy.
Optional* to use only almond flour if you don't want to add the cassava flour. Use 2 full cups of almond flour if your not including the cassava. Optional* to top the cookies with monk fruit sweetener. This gives a little extra sweetness without sugar.