For this recipe I used organic canned beans. Time permitting, I would like to get my own beans and cook them however there is value in having a satisfying recipe that can be made start to finish in less then 15 minutes! Beans are high in fibre and protein to fill a hungry belly but also rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Please feel free to cook your own beans if you have the time rather then using a can.
Bean Mix Salad
*click on blue text to buy ingredients
- 1 can lentils
- 1 can black beans
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped fine
- 1/2 cup orange pepper diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper diced
- 1/4 cup jalapeño diced small
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- Combine all the salad ingredients together in a medium size bowl.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and mix with a fork.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and mix.
- It's as easy as that! Enjoy!