I'm all about convenience and having satisfying foods easily available at all times. This will ensure that I will eat the healthy food rather then snacking on anything and everything before a meal is prepared. These egg muffins can be loaded with basically any veggie and spice you prefer. I'll prepare them the night before a busy day and I enjoy them both cold and hot. My sister makes them before a family brunch so she can just pop them into the oven to be heated when our busy family comes over. This allows her to have more time to visit and less time slaving in the kitchen while guests are over.
*click on blue text to buy ingredients
- 1/2 cup garlic scapes or onions or mix of both
- 1 1/2 cups spinach
- 4 mushrooms
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (optional)
- 12 eggs
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Chop all vegetables very fine, mix them together in a bowl and spread them on the bottom of 12 parchment lined muffin tin cups. Each cup should be 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- In a separate bowl, whip the eggs and spices together.
- Pour this mixture evenly into the muffin tins over the veggies.
- Crumble the cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the centres are set and edges are starting to turn brown.
*Nutritional values are per 1 mini omelette. *You can use your choice of vegetables as long as the muffin cups are at least 1/2 filled before adding the eggs. *I like to use the parchment paper cups because nothing will stick to them and it's so easy to clean. Some people prefer to spray the tins with an avocado oil however I prefer to keep the cleaning to a minimal.