Banana pancakes are a nice change from the boxed flour pancakes I grew up on. They have a similar texture, lots of sweet flavour from the banana, and many more nutrients to provide my body with what it needs for the day ahead. If I have some bananas that are going to go off, I'll make a few batches of these pancakes and store them in the freezer for a quick meal on the run. Pop a frozen pancake in the toaster to warm it and add a nice crunch to the outside.
As seen above, I'll also add some mashed strawberries as a topping and some good old Canadian maple syrup.
*click on blue text to buy ingredients
- Mash banana with a fork or in food processor, add remaining ingredients until mixed. A few little chucks of banana is fine.
- Heat frying pan on medium to low with coconut oil spray or butter.
- Pour batter into small circles and cover while cooking, flip once between cooking.
- Cook till batter is fully cooked through.
- Serve with optional toppings.
*Toppings and optional ingredients are not included in the nutritional values.