Mashed avocado on toast has become a must have on most brunch menus and it's likely because it's so darn delicious!! I'm a big fan of it on my toasted homemade cashew bread. Sprinkle with some red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and bam, you've got yourself a satisfying meal at any hour.
Fancy Facts to make you love avocado even more then you already do!
- Avocados are a fruit not a vegetable.
- They contain more potassium then bananas (and much less sugar so they're a better option post workout). Potassium reduces blood pressure, heart attacks, strokes and kidney failure.
- Avocado is high in good fats, mainly oleic acid which is a monounsaturated fatty acid which has many health benefits such as, reducing inflammation which in turn reduces your chance of getting cancer.
- Avocados are fibre full! Fibre is very important to weight loss and it helps lower the risk to many diseases. Fibre is also a very important piece of the puzzle to keeping your healthy gut flora!
- This delicious fruit is full of antioxidants which inturn protect the eyes and keep them healthy. Nutrients like lutein and zeaxanthin are very important for eye health and lucky for us, avocados are full of them. This will reduce the risk of cataracts and muscular degeneration.
The list goes on and on about the benefits to avocados. Weather you like them on your toast or if you blend them in a smoothy, they are rich in many vitamins and minerals so enjoy!