I love this salad mainly for it's bright colors. It's the perfect salad to take on a picnic or to add to a pot luck. It will really brighten up the table! This recipe includes fresh parsley. Parsley is often used as a garnish or to added as a fresh pop of colour to many meals. The herb should not be overlooked though; it is much more then just a pretty plant. It has anti-inflammatory properties and it's consumption will lower your chances of acquiring many serious diseases such as cancer, diabetes and osteoporosis. This affordable herb can also aid in relief for bloating, cramping and nausea.
If I could offer one tip about cooking healthy foods it would be to use more herbs and spices! Doing so will bring phenomenal flavour to your dishes, give you increased health benefit and bring some excitement to some of the simplest meals.
*click on blue text to buy ingredients
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 LB (454g) baby tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup red onion
- Chop asparagus into bite sized pieces and sauté in a frying pan for 5 min or until slightly softer. I usually add a bit of water to sauté, you can also add 1 teaspoon of avocado oil.
- Chop tomatoes, cucumber, parsley and red onion and combine in a medium sized bowl with cooked asparagus.
- Combine the dressing ingredients together and mix well.
- Drizzle on top of the salad and enjoy!
*Nutritional values are per 1 serving.